Fall Car Care Tips
With summer coming to an end and fall weather rapidly approaching, it’s finally time to begin preparing for the colder weather that the Minneapolis area throws our way. Now, you may feel that you’re fully prepared for autumn weather, but your vehicle, on the other hand, may not. So, to ensure that your vehicle continues operating properly and more importantly, safely, over the course of the next few months, our Morrie’s Minnetonka Mazda dealer is more than happy to share some cold-weather preparation tips we’ve learned over our many years of experience and provide your vehicle with the service it needs to function at peak potential.
Tips For Preparing Your Mazda For The Fall
- Check Your Tire Pressures/Replace Your Tires: As you may or may not know, warmer weather has the capability to increase your vehicle’s tire pressures, with colder weather having an adverse effect of decreasing them. To ensure that your tires are properly inflated and haven’t overinflated themselves during the summer, simply take a moment to check that your tire pressures are uniform and inflated to the appropriate PSI (the suggested PSI can be found on your tire).
- Inspect Your Battery: Check the connections on your battery to make sure they’re tight, clean, and free of any corrosion. Cold weather can be especially hard on a vehicle battery, so before that weather begins setting in, be sure to check that your vehicle’s battery and charging system is in good condition.
- Have Your Brakes Checked: To ensure that your brakes — potentially the most important component of your vehicle — are fully prepared to take on colder weather, allow our Morrie’s Minnetonka Mazda to conduct a brake inspection or brake replacement.
- Check Your Lights: With colder weather also resulting in earlier sunset times, you will begin using your vehicle’s headlights and hi-beams more frequently. With that being said, it’s vital that you ensure your headlights, taillights, fog lights, and brake lights are in working order.
- Replace Your Windshield Wipers & Top-Off Your Wiper Fluid: A dirty windshield can pose a significant safety hazard to you, your passengers, and other drivers around you. If your blades are in poor condition and aren’t providing you with a clear sight of the road ahead, allow our certified professionals to swap them out for a new set and top-off your windshield wiper fluid.
Schedule Mazda Service Near Minneapolis
If you have any questions regarding our Mazda service center, or you would like to schedule a service appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or pay us a visit here at Morrie’s Minnetonka Mazda, located at 13700 Wayzata Boulevard in Minnetonka, MN.